Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dizzy Disney

It has been a long time since I made an appearance on my blog. We spent a week in St. George and at Disneyland, and then I spent another week cleaning up my life from the chaos of travel. My kids are still off-track for one more week and Cory was gone all last week for business. Life is cuh-cuh-cuh-razy right now! Still, I thought I would post a few cute pictures from our travels for my family.


Zachary could not get enough of all the babies in our week of adventure. He loves to hold and cuddle McKinley, Joshua, and Xiana. Anna will not let him carry her around and baby her anymore, so he was in heaven.

This picture from Disneyland just makes me laugh. I think Noah was determined not to let me take a single decent picture of him all week. He looks either morose or crazy in every frame.



Our time at Disneyland seemed almost like two vacations instead of one. The boys will no longer consent to any time on the younger rides and Anna won't get on anything even remotely scary. That leaves only 2 rides in the entire park that the whole family would go on together--Autotopia and Buzz Lightyear.


Anna and I got to have a special lunch together with the princesses. She was equal parts shy and elated to meet one princess after another. It was the highlight of this trip for me.



A high percentage of every day in Disney for Anna is spent on the Winnie the Pooh ride. (It's right across from Splash Mountain which is the number one attraction with every member of the Talbot family with XY chromosomes.) Here Anna is with her favorite character of all, Eyeore!

The first day and a half at Disneyland there was not a cloud in the sky. We never waited in line longer than 5 minutes...it was ideal. The second half of our time it poured rain. Disneyland, it turns out is not as much fun in the rain...although it beats a sunny day almost anywhere else. In a way it was good because it forced us to stop and see a lot of the shows we have always ignored as just time wasted that could be spent on the rides. There are some really fun shows!

As usual, I was the saddest member of the family when it was time to leave. I just dread the day when there is no one interested on riding on Peter Pan with me anymore.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! You guys do so many fun things! I can't remember the last time we went on vacation and when we did it, it was probably just to visit family. We'll have to do better.

Good luck with the last of the off-track time!