Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feline-anthropy

Meet Grendel.

He is loyal, affectionate, and despite the threatening look of his underbite..gentle. I am the sun about which he orbits. He daily aspires to simply lay at my feet. When I say jump, he says, how high. He would throw himself in front of a bullet for me.

And here is Cheezit. He is superior, aloof and infinitely bored. He interacts with me on his terms only. He allows me to feed him and occasionally to pet him.

So why is it, I like the cat so much more than the dog? I guess I'm that girl who always liked the guy who wasn't really interested. Figures.

It also doesn't hurt that the cat is the only other creature in my home who can clean himself.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You must like the cat more or else you would have had that dog in orthodontics by now! haha just kidding! My kids want a dog so bad! He looks like a sweet one! Due to cat allergies at our house we can no longer have a cat...we have only ever had crazy cats anyway...you must be one of the lucky ones!

Unknown said...

That is so true - being the sun around which the dog orbits. I can't even sneak to the bathroom without Roxy scratching the door - a forever toddler! Underfoot in the kitchen when I am making dinner... but we do love that dog. Funny how they creep into your heart.