Monday, December 21, 2009

Bah Humbug, Last-Minute Travel Edition

Timeline of Christmas events in the Talbot household...

Thursday, December 17, 3:14 p.m. The FINAL Christmas purchase is in my hands.

Thursday, 4:45 p.m. Everything is officially wrapped.

Thursday, 4:46 p.m. Call Cory and brag that everything is done!

Thursday, 4:47 p.m. Cory shares the great news that he taking the entire next week off.

Thursday, 5:00 p.m. Prepare dinner and beam at wonderful children...take a sip of their Christmas excitement.

Thursday, 6:02 p.m. Cory calls with news of possible travel to San Francisco.

Thursday, 6:14 p.m. Cory calls to say he's on his way home...to pack. He's leaving for the airport in the morning, will be back late Saturday night, will leave again Monday and be back on Christmas Eve.

Thursday, 6:15 p.m. come fairly close to an expletive.

Saturday, December 19 Grouchy, mean mom rules supreme.

Sunday, December 20 Cory shares the news he will now also be traveling December 28-30. Our anniversary is December 29. Spitting ensues.

I'm trying to find the cheerful, funny, unselfish way to look at all of this, but it's not happening. Too mad. Everyone pray for my kids.

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Lame. Let me know if you need a night out! I can watch the kiddos or we could catch a movie (since I know you have soooo much spare time). Love you!

Charlotte said...

I want to know how you managed to NOT explode? What a bummer! I'm still mad Peter's work held a week long business trip the first week in December. Of course, he is filling an unexpected open shift on Christmas Eve, but now I know that is only chump change compared to what it could be.