Friday, December 4, 2009

M.I.A.

I'd like to tell you a story about how grateful I am at this time of year, as my family sat down together to celebrate another bountiful Thanksgiving. But I can't, because I am just way too busy, shopping, cleaning, cooking, and eating. I've got two words for you...ten pies.

So I'd like to tell you a story about how fun it is to have wonderful friends come all the way from Phoenix to spend a whirlwind week in my home. Ooh, but I can't, because I stayed up way too late every night they were here, and I still haven't gotten around to all the laundry since they left.

In that case, I'll tell you the story about a week where every day I had to call a repairman of one kind or another. But I won't...because...it's just too expensive.

Maybe you'd settle for the plain old boring story about another round of colds making it's way through my household. I'll get to that when I stop feeling so crummy.

Guess you'll have to settle with the story about how my Christmas decorations are all up, my shopping is all done, and my packages are all mailed. That's a good one. Too bad it's fiction.

In the meantime...I'm hanging in there. I hope you are too.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Your story sounds way too familiar!