Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Update and a really exciting opportunity!

I've been thinking about adding a tally of the number of sticks of butter used in this meal, but trust me, you don't want to know.

Yesterday I finished all the rest of the piecrust and put them in my freezer...one more hour and we're up to 7 now I believe. Today is going to be a pie-baking marathon; I think my 2 ovens will be running continually for about 8 hours. I'm looking forward to this part though, because my kids get out of school early today and I can't wait to put them to work. They will love it for about the first hour, and anything after that is pure and simple "character building!"

Don't you just love the fact that no two pie plates are the same? There's a metaphor in that somewhere I believe.

And now in news unrelated to cooking, I had something really exciting happen yesterday. Many of you know that our Stake is the host Stake for the new Draper Temple. It's nearing completion and the open house will start in January; the dedication is scheduled for the end of March. I had a meeting with a member of the Stake High Council last night and was given an official call to sing in one of the Dedication choirs. This is a wonderful and humbling privilege since only 16 members of our Stake will be asked. I am so grateful for the talent I have been blessed with and the opportunity I have to use it to praise its Source. This really is a once-in-a-lifetime event!

2 comments:

Ang said...

That is so exciting. What an amazing opportunity for you. Please let us know when that will be so we can be there. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. You definately are the pie queen.

Kimberlee said...

That is fantastic about the choir! I'm so excited for you. I hope this means I get to come watch... ;)