Friday, May 29, 2009

All Girl

I learned something profound at Preschool graduation this week. Are you ready? Boys and girls are different!

Okay, so I realize no one is about to call the newspapers or anything, but I'll tell you what inspired this particular insight.

At the end of Preschool graduation, all the moms and kids gathered to watch a video of pictures taken throughout the year. Anna and her friends enjoyed this as only preschoolers can...I don't know of any other age group who loves seeing pictures of themselves more. After the movie was over, Anna suddenly erupted into tears. I held her and asked her what was wrong, she responded, "That movie made me feel sad inside."

To be honest, the movie made me feel pretty sad inside too. My baby is headed for Kindergarten. But it surprised me how she picked up on this bittersweet thing we call change at such a young age. Especially when I compare this experience with her brothers.

The thought of them crying over a photo montage at the age of 4 is downright laughable.

Now the outcome of a Diamondbacks game is another matter entirely.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I remember when my oldest went to school, I thought she was so big and grown up. Now that my 5th starts this year I look at him and think he is still so little.