Friday, May 15, 2009

Deacon

Could I possibly be old enough to have a 12-year-old child?

I swear it was just a couple of years ago that I headed to the hospital, waddling in on swollen ankles. I even remember watching the Jazz play Portland that night in the NBA playoffs. That was especially sensitive of my husband to turn the TV to something that would help distract me from the pain of labor.
But here I am with a nearly teenager,...and the Jazz got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round this year. This means an initiation into Mutual night, Scout Camp, and Priesthood responsibilities. It's exciting and intimidating.
He is such a good boy. He is setting a wonderful example for his brothers. I love this uninhibited, brilliant, intense, funny, odd little boy...oops young man!

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Love that kid. LOVE him!

Kristine said...

Where oh where does the time go? Most of the time I am happy to be moving on to the next phase! It is fun to actually have meaningful conversations some of the time with my kids! Love you blog Cami!

Charlotte said...

I keep having to remind myself thay I can't tune out announcements about youth activities at church anymore because now they apply. Those dozen years go by fast, don't they?

Holly said...

It's so SCARY for them to grow so fast! Just think that you have had him for 12 years in that same amount of time he'll be 24! That is just WAY to fast! Ooh I just made myself sick...I have a 10 year old.