Monday, May 4, 2009

Quick Update

My kids have once again been off-track which has resulted in an absence from my blog (not to mention, my sanity). I spent the first week with family visiting here and the second week with the kids at my parent's home in Sparks, Nevada. I'm not wholly recuperated, but the kids went back to school today and I think I just might finally get to putting away the pack and play that has been set up in my basement for more than two weeks.

Zachary is preparing to turn 12 next week and could not be more excited. I'm excited too, as well as petrified...and feeling pretty old. We have made the decision to send him to an accelerated junior high school next fall. He is a little nervous about this, but has been won over to the school by the fact that they offer an elective called: Sports Literature. He has been really improving in his piano, and received a superior rating at Festival a few weeks ago.

Noah makes me laugh every day lately by his unique approach to life, the universe, and everything. He walks the dog every day with his eyes closed...literally...he walks down the street totally blind...haven't quite figured that one out yet. He is obsessed with books, especially fantasy series and can't get through a sentence without referring to something he has read. And he has taken on the role as Isaac's private baseball coach. He follows him up and down the field during games yelling out helpful suggestions like, "gunfighter position!" and "crocodile!" Then he races to bring him his bat and batting helmet when it's time. He's like a mixture between a boxing coach and a caddy. He also received superior ratings on his Festival piano pieces.

Isaac was so excited for his first baseball game that he was awake and dressed down to his cleats by 7:00 a.m...only 9 and 1/2 hours before the game. And then it was rained out. He has been living essentially outdoors ever since the weather finally turned warm. He marches up and down the levels of the yard, endlessly dreaming up imaginary activities.

Anna keeps me company with her sweet cuddling and keeps me laughing with her sassy speech. She told her aunt that the best way to get something you want, is to wait a little before Easter and then say it out loud because the Easter bunny can hear you. "Because, I said I wanted flip-flops and the Easter Bunny bringed them to my house!" She is preparing to perform in all her diva glory as a "worry bird" in her dance school's production of "The Wizard of Oz."

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Life goes fast, it seems like your kids were just off track. I am a little freaked out by my oldest turning 12, too. So far it hasn't been too bad. But I feel old, too.

plasmon said...

Love your perspective. Walking the dog blind. Sounds like Noah is easily in sinc with his relationships and environment. And, his guardian angels must be busy.